The Gitanyow Hereditary Chiefs and the province of British Columbia are commemorating the 10th Year Anniversary of the signing of the GItanyow Lax’yip Land Use Plan. This Plan was the result of 10 years of negotiations and litigation, and was signed into effect in 2012 by both parties. The Plan guides all industrial activity in the Lax’yip and is implemented through a Shared Decision-Making Framework embedded in the Recognition and Reconciliation Agreement. To learn more about this historic milestone and what it means for Gitanyow, BC the forest industry, and beyond please explore this booklet.
- Implementing modern ayookxw (law): The first Indigenous-led assessment under Gitanyow laws
- Gitanyow Nation assesses Skeena Resources under their new sustainability program
- Gitanyow, BC Mark Milestone in Land Use Planning
- Gitanyow Reconciliation Trail
- Indigenous law in action: Gitanyow launches its groundbreaking Wilp Sustainability Assessment Process